Gambier Island Retreat
May 11th - 13th, 2018
Rest & Rejuvenate...with Ayurveda, Yoga & Self-Care
1. Wake up to a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean
2. Get on your mat and rediscover the beauty within
3. Eat fresh and delicious vegetarian meals
4. Step out into the wonder of Gambier Island and...
- Walk on the beach, kayak, or hike in an ancient forest
- Lounge in a hot tub or hammock; daydream, read, relax
- Connect with like-minded friends over table-tennis, badminton, tea in the lounges, on the deck, lawn or beach
Classes, Workshops & Events (all optional)
- Yoga Classes - Friday p.m. Restora-Yin; Saturday/Sunday a.m. Hatha; Saturday p.m. Yin (all with Angela)
- Ayurveda - design a self-care regimen to take home with you (with Angela)
- Arm Balances & Inversions - a fun workshop that will teach you how to approach these postures safely (with Angela & Mark)
- Grow Food - learn how to grow herbs and greens, anywhere (with Horticulturalist, Liane)
- Natural Beauty - discover how to make natural beauty products with essential oils; take home what you make (with Mark)
- Beach Fire - bring light into the darkness with songs and sharing around an evening campfire (with the whole crew!)
Arrival & Departure
We hope you can join us in time for a 1pm lunch on Friday. If not, let us know and we'll work out the details with you.
After lunch (1pm), you'll have time to rest, hike, chat or walk on the beach until the 4pm departure from the Gambier Island dock.
Gambier Island is just a 20-minute water taxi ride away from Horseshoe Bay.
Options & Rates
- 7 delicious vegetarian meals, 4 yoga classes, 4 workshops
- 24-hour access to fruit, snacks, tea/coffee, wifi
- hot tub, kayaks, hammocks, badminton, table tennis, hikes and everything else the island has to offer!
Each option is unique and lovely.
Rates are per person. If bed is shared in single-occupancy option, a 20% discount is applied to rate (this amounts to a 50% discount on the accommodations).
Retreat is limited to 14 participants.
- Double-occupancy with ocean view - $500 (SOLD OUT)
- Triple-occupancy in private guest cottage with skylights and ensuite - $500
- Single-occupancy - $500 (SOLD OUT)
- Triple-occupancy - $350 (SOLD OUT)
Bedding and a bath towel are included. We recommend you bring the following items so you're prepared for activities: headlamp, hiking shoes or boots for beach or forest walk, beach towel, water bottle, layers for cooler weather, rain jacket.
A 50% non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required to secure your space. To reserve, write email@example.com or use the contact form.
Getting to Gambier Island from Horseshoe Bay costs about $25/each way. There are a couple different ways to arrive; all car-free (you can park at Horseshoe Bay for about $5/day). We will facilitate your arrival as needed.
We recommend you use a backpack/knapsack as rolling luggage may prove challenging on docks and gravel roads.